Thursday, September 19, 2013

Last Day Home

Today is our last day in the house as a family ( for a while ). Actually we haven't been complete since the beginning of Sept when Kyle went off to college. But college is a happy thing. Yesterday Rachel went to school. She and her friends skipped everyone of her classes (good for her). Today she went at lunch time to hang with friends and found out she got put on the detention list. HA!!!! What a hoot. I really don't know if the person responsible had any idea of her circumstances but it doesn't matter. She was excited to see her name on there. Love the spunk. Yesterday she also went to youth bible study in the evening. She managed to play piano for the worship team and together as a group they worshiped and cried out to God. I really don't know how people get through the tough times without God and a solid group of people. My other daughter Kelsey said "Mom, Rachel is so strong. While everyone at youth was crying, she was smiling". Please God continue to strengthen her spirit and let her shine gloriously. My respect for Rachel grows daily.
Tomorrow we find out what the next few months looks like. I have had people ask me about being a bone marrow donor and I will ask about that.
We are all a little contemplative today trying to figure out how to get through the next number of months. I know it will be one day at a time. Right now it feels like one minute at a time. The kids at home will be busy with school and I am so grateful for that. Grateful that this did not happen during the summer. The church and friends will start once again making a couple of meals a week. I have some chores divided between the kids at home with a housekeeper coming in once a week. That takes a load off. I have drivers for some of the kids after school activities. I just wish there were two of me (I think that would scare Barry :) ) One to be with Rachel and one to be at home. It's not that I don't trust Barry and others to take of everything. It's that I want to be the one to do it.
I will leave you with a couple of verses:

Psalm 37; 5-6
Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in Him and He will do this:
He will make your righteousness
shine like the dawn,
the justice of your cause
like the noon day sun

No comments:

Post a Comment