Friday, September 27, 2013

1 WEEK

Some of you might be thinking wow one week already. I wish I could say this week went fast but that's not the case.  I remember last time when we were about 3 months into treatment. Someone commented on how fast it is going. I had to take a few calming breaths before I replied appropriately. When you are faced with watching your precious daughter lie in a bed day after day struggling with vomiting and infections and boredom, time really does go excruciatingly slow. At home I used to wish there were more hours in the day but not so here. I get to pass on the baton today to Barry. I will go home and be a mom to the others and he will try and be a cheerleader for Rachel. Rachel loves it when her dad comes. She has a special relationship with him. But then, who doesn't love Barry ( I have yet to meet that person).
Who knows, maybe eventually I can say "Boy that went fast". Today is not that day.

1 comment: