Monday, November 4, 2013

13 Reasons to Feel Truly Blessed

We've been home 10 days now. What a wonderful break it has been. We have been so blessed by people in our community. I just needed to say thanks to a few of these people.

1. Thanks so much to Christine at Nossa Casa Bistro who together with Port Rowan MB Church  hosted a coffee house with proceeds going to support our family. Thanks to my amazing nephew Justin and for Rachel's great friend Sydney for giving of their time and singing. It was a wonderful relaxing afternoon spent with friends of the community. It was so nice to touch base with all those who showed up. Thank you to all who gave financially to support us.

2. Thanks also to Dave and Ruth who continue to show us love in their unique way. We are looking forward to spring when we can enjoy the dozens of tulips you secretly planted in my garden. And not only that, you are a regular encourager with your baking.

3. Thank you to our wonderful friends who popped in and gave us an AMAZING gift to support us. You know who you are and we were touched beyond belief. Right now I don't even have words to convey our gratitude.

4. My dear neighbours Frank and Helen for the canning you did for us. And for those amazing doughnuts you make for the kids. And Helen for all the hugs.

5. For my two sister-in-laws who have recently done some canning for us as well.

6. For Lydia who did my ironing. For Darlene who mowed my lawn.

7. I continue to be so grateful for all the meals made for my family and for my friend Jennie who has organized that.

8. For our dear Aunt Marg who phoned this week and said she had a pot of soup and a delicious cake for us.

9. For our Aunt Helen in St. Catharines who, since dad has passed away, has become and encouragement to us with her phone calls.

10.. For the kind words.

11. For the offers of help in any way.

12. For Rachel's employers and co-workers who have been so supportive and understanding in her long absence. Thanks Glen and Pam for all the support financially.

13. And most importantly for the prayers.

I could probably go on and on. And if I missed anyone, please know that I am so thankful for you. It says in 1 Thessalonians 5:11:
Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

Each one of you and countless others through your actions have encouraged us.  We know we are not alone as we go through this tough journey. We are truly blessed.

Rachel has been feeling amazingly well during her time at home. Some days I forget she is sick. She has been able to get out and have friends in. To be part of the normal happenings of life. It really has been a gift to her and us.

No comments:

Post a Comment