Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Thanks

During the visitation and funeral of my dear father-in-law I had numerous comments of how people have been enjoying my blog.  I want to say thank you to all those people that have encouraged me. I am under no illusion that I am a writer. In fact I hated English in school and continue to dislike helping my kids with their English homework. But I do know that if I have touched someone than I am happy to have done it. Maybe someone who is sitting in a hospital room with their newly diagnosed child. Someone who is struggling with why something is happening in their life. Someone who wants to understand what someone else is going through.
We've also had numerous people offer help and I wanted to say thank you so much for your offers. I am remembering them all. We have been functioning at a "just get the basics" done and it seems to work . We've also been blessed to have all of Barry's family live within a few miles of each other and they quite willingly step into the gap. Our church brings 2 meals a week and we still manage to find extra casseroles in our freezer.
Rachel has been having some really good days. It's good to see her smiling and eating.  We love these good days because we know bad days will come. We are waiting for her numbers to come up so she can start her second round. Waiting is so hard for everyone especially when we have no real time frame to go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment